Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Resolutions

Hmmmm...2013. Where'd you come from?!? This year is already full of awaiting adventures. We know we will be moving, once again. Always an adventure! We know the kids will be switching schools, once again. We know we will be looking for a new church home, once again. All things to get nervous about -- be things to look forward to as well. I am going to start the new year with a positive attitude. The easiest way for me to keep a positive attitude is to eliminate some of the negative in my life (like a massive Facebook friend overhaul, as a start) and make a purposeful EFFORT to focus on the good. The blessings of everyday life. So that means... trying once again at my daily thankfuls. I'm even setting an alarm this time to do better! 1 Jan 13 - Thankfuls 1) I am thankful for having one kid (F) who at least tried to stay up until midnight last night. Though, I woke her to watch the giant Moonpie drop "babe, look! The moonpie is about to drop" and she barely looked at the screen and said "good for it" then walked to her room. 2) I am thankful for sleeping until 9:30... then having three kids hop in bed with me and watch a movie (G slept another hour)! 3) Black-eyed peas are ready for dinner :-) 4) Harry Potter marathon with the kids!! We are currently on HP 7.1 -- but hope to finish up tonight. Only Bubba and I have seen it :-) 5) I have gotten ten days of Rob not having to shave. I have had ten days of a bearded husband :-) Tomorrow, I'll have my nicely shaven husband back... and I'll be thankful for that... but today, I am thankful for the beard :-)

No comments: