Friday, January 4, 2013

3 Jan thankfuls

A little late... but it was a stressful day Today I am thankful for: 1) a light sleeping Grace who came to tell me at midnight that the boys' room light was on instead of just turning it off herself. That is the only reason I got up and found Sam with a high fever (103.3). 2) so thankful to be a sahm -- so I didn't have to make any arrangements to be home taking care of Sam all day. 3) a house with a playroom -- which quickly turns into the "sick room" 4) a receptionist at the hospital who broke SOP to give us an urgent care referral (normally not given if there is an appointment available within 24 hours...which would have had Sam going on 36 hours of feverby the time he saw a doctor). This ensured he got Tamiflu into his system at the earliest possible time to fight the flu! 5) medical professionals who seem to have to put up with way more "junk" than they should. At the urgent care, I saw a nurse handle a rude patient (ie cursing her out for something outside of her control) with extreme class and grace. Made me try to be overly appreciative of them!

No comments: