Monday, January 18, 2010

Tonight's Thankfuls

1- Best Buy. Over 40 members of four different local Best Buy stores volunteered today with the 19th Engineer Battalion. They produced over 100 Welcome Home posters for our Soldiers. Yes, they are three months from redeployment of main body, but this really sparked the "they are coming home soon" feeling in me :-)


2- I was smart enough last night to put a towel under the humidifier in my room. It leaked the entire gallon out, but there wasn't too bad of a mess since the towel (a good one at that) caught most of it!

3- Grace had an awesome time at her first friend sleep over. She has stayed overnight with her GA cousins, but has never stayed with someone other than family. I must admit that I was a bit worried... but she seems to have had a blast. I don't think she slept too much, but what 7 year old does at a slumber party?!? She needed and took about a 45 minute nap this afternoon and was still asleep by 9:30pm.
4- Sam has successfully moved into his 'big boy' bed. He has taken a couple of naps, but last night he shook his head 'no' at the crib and went for the twin bed. So, I left the bathroom light between our two rooms on (so he didn't get scared in the dark if he was looking for me) and let him try it. He stayed in the bed until 0500, when I heard him crying. He was definitely disoriented, but I scooped him up, held him tight until he fell back asleep and put him in the crib to finish the night. Tonight, same thing -- I told him to go in his room and get ready for bed and when I went in there, he was in the big bed :-) He looks so little in there!


5- Since my early bird (G) was away this morning, I got to sleep in! My little three are sleepers like me :-) I didn't hear a thing (other than the 5am redirect of Sam) until 0915! I can't believe it. SO nice and SO needed!


Now... a funny story... with pictures.
As I said before, Best Buy volunteers came to Battalion headquarters today. They wanted to meet some of the families that they were supporting. So, quite a few families showed up to thank them for their thoughts and actions. Anyway, the kids were encouraged to participate. So, the crew went to work. The volunteers were so great. Sam was given a crayon and told to color.



He did a great job. See:




The other kids did a great job too, but this story is about Sam... (but here's some pics of the big three too)


(he's signing his art)



so anyway... it was getting to be around Sam's nap time. How could I tell? Well, I told him not to walk on the posters that were completed and on the ground. He had melt down! Dropped down and wallowed on them!



Not only does he have melt down, he rolls on a poster that has loads of fresh, wet glitter glue all over it! Check out this hair:




In case you ever need to know, glitter glue does come out of hair. It took three washes, but it did come out!

No comments: