Tuesday, May 13, 2008

JINX...


I did it... I jinxed myself. I was just saying that I hadn't had a single issue with this pregnancy (other than my normal low platelet count) and then ... the midwife called. My glucose tolerance test (tests for gestational diabetes) came back with not so great results. I am really not too worried. This was a non-fasting test and I ate a poptart for breakfast yesterday (only an hour and a half before I started the test). This is also not my first episode of high 1-hour glucose tests during pregnancy. I had high results with Faith, but okay results when I retook the test as a 3-hour fasting test. Granted she was an enormous baby, but I figured out how to work with it :-)


So anyway. I definitely think I did the jinx myself! Oh well.. more to come. I take the 3 hour version on Monday. Yippee :-(

1 comment:

Analee said...

do you have to drink the nasty stuff again?