Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Derby

So, for the past day and a half (since the running of the derby), I have had two (well, technically, three) sad girls at my house. The sad and sudden passing of Eight Belles on the track took us all by surprise (not that we had ever heard of her -- but we were pulling for her, since she was the only girl).



Rob and I kind of looked at each other -- "what did he say? Euthanized?!?"



Grace was SO upset and that made Faith SO sad. I cried -- hormones, I tell you.

Why did I have to pass on my "tender hearted"-ness to my girls? I can still cry if I think about Bambi's mom for too long or "a-woo-woo" Fox and the Hound. Or even what I had for dinner.



Grace may not look like me, but she can feel like me :-)


3 comments:

Mrs. B said...

I know, this was so sad. I just can't stand to watch movies (or anything) where an animal gets hurt or, worse, dies. It is easier for me to watch a person die (in a movie, not real life) than an animal!

Dena said...

It was so sad but like Gracie said, "Maybe 8 bells had a baby and they'll name her 9 bells." I know, impossible. But at least she was thinking of a solution to the heartache that she felt.
Great picture of Gracie on the horse. Where were the other children?

Analee said...

better skip black beauty!