Sunday, May 11, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER's DAY!

Wanted to brag that my kids (and hubby) got me exactly what I wanted for Mother's Day -- a new necklace for my heart charm. Rob gave me the heart pendant for Valentine's Day 2006 - five days before he left for his first deployment. I wore it religiously until the necklace broke (something that terrified me since I am *slightly* superstitious about such things). I had it fixed at a local NC jewelry store, but it broke again soon afterwards again. So, I didn't want it to happen a third time and just kept the pendant in my change purse until now. I wouldn't take it out :-) Anyway, I mentioned it to Rob when I cleaned out all of the change that was making my wallet feel like it weighed a ton. I thought it would be great for mother's day because it would combine the necklace/pendant into a mom/wife gift -- pendant from Rob, necklace from kids.
Anyway, it was awesome to put it back on! Hopefully this necklace will hold up a little better than the last one :-)

No comments: