Thursday, May 15, 2008

-isms for yesterday

I have some funny kids :-)

Graceism:

As with all military units, we have certain dinners that we have to go to monthly. Last night we had a Hail & Farewell. So as we rushed home from gymnastics (at 1730) to get the girls' clothes changed so we could be at this H&F at 1800, I explained to the kids:

me: We are going to eat Mexican with some people from daddy's work.

Faith: We are going to eat at Daddy's work?

Grace: No, we are going to eat with daddy's unik (pronounced eunuch :-))

Somehow, I don't think R's boss would like being called a eunuch.


Bubbaism:

Bubba has started pulling all sorts of tricks to get me to come into his room after he has been put to bed -- mainly because he knows that if HE gets up he will be in big trouble. Last night was no different.

Bubba (from his room): MAMAAAAAAA

me (walking towards his room with a cup of water for him): I am coming with your water.

Bubba (with such sadness in his voice): Mama, I broke my shorts.

me: You did what?

Bubba: I broke my shorts. It was an accident.

me (while pulling back his covers to see what he was fidgeting with): How did you break your shorts?

Bubba: See?

*He shows me the side of his shorts which have a "V" shaped cut in the leg like this...


me (trying not to laugh): they are supposed to be like that

Bubba: no, they are not. They are supposed to be like this

*he holds the two pieces together

me (giving him his water): They are fine. We'll look at them in the morning. You did not break them.

Bubba: okay

3 comments:

I'm to sexy for my chert said...

ok g's made me laugh but i've got tears in my eyes from bubs!

Analee said...

both of them were funny. i didn't know what a eunich was, but now i do and i agree that rob's boss probably wouldn't like it!

Doc said...

Yeah, no man would want to be eunuch, at least not this one.