Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Double -- No TRIPLE Jinx!

Went to the doctor today for my regular appointment...

*high blood pressure (probably had nothing to do with the fact that there were no parking spots at the hospital, it was pouring rain, and OB will mark you as a 'no show' if you are more than 5 minutes late so I ran from the van, up the stairs to the third floor.)
*low iron (on the bright side, my platelets were well within normal range this time :-))

ugh... what else?!?

And what do they say? Go home and relax. Put your feet up and rest. Hello?!? Read my flippin' chart! I have three other kids at home!

So I am going to try and rest today while Bubba is napping. TRY being the key word. Faith has gotten kind of used to doing some sort of craft project during that hour and a half! Hmmm... maybe I can get her to watch Underdog once again :-)

1 comment:

Analee said...

my BP was high on occasion also. i think it is more important to look at the trend, not the single observation. i swear that my BP had as much to do with my own blood as the person taking it (some of those nurses just don't do it right!)

why don't you mosey on over to CVS or somewhere and take your BP when you aren't rushed. i bet it'll be back down to normal, and then you won't worry about it.

also, SLOW FE works great, i took it every day and it #1 didn't constipate me and #2 didn't upset my stomach (nausea). dr. howell recommended it to me, and it really did work. i only had the low iron once. by the next visit, it was well within the normal range. mind you, it does take a while to recover from anemia. more than 2 weeks...

you can also eat total raisin bran (if you can) along with the SLOW FE. total has 100% iron, which is great when you also take the supplement.

keep us updated!