Monday, May 3, 2010

Nightly thankfuls

1- As we began our camera upgrade experience, we got out our old 35mm Canon. I forgot how fun it is. I am definitely an instant gratification/digital camera kind of girl, but it has been great zooming and focusing again. Now... to see if the pictures match the fun -- well, we're going to have to wait until they're developed to see!

2- Raleigh is watching the Discovery Channel program we're watching. Like, really watching! He's tracking the wolves as they run across the TV screen. Hilarious!

3- We went for two walks around the neighborhood today. There is a construction project going on in our neighborhood and there will be trees cut down. I was glad to see the same look of disgust {at the thought of these hundred year old trees being cut down for a parking lot} on at least half of my kids' faces tonight. I don't mind raising tree-huggers. Not one bit.

4- Rob was off work today. After I got the big three on the bus, with Bones still asleep, I got back in bed. I woke up at 0930, with Rob and Bones relaxing in the living room. I got to sleep in!!

5- Bubba's new favorite word: Serious. He says it for everything. "Mom, today we had a different teacher. I'm serious." "Mom, do I have to eat this brussel sprout? Serious?" "I *was* listening to that book. Serious." Makes me snicker inside every time :-)

2 comments:

Analee said...

i wanna raise little hippies too. i was thinking about this last week: this past year, they've eaten nothing preserved or fake or processed or non-organic/whole. they've also not seen me kill anything(yes, i've even "caught" spiders and moved them outside), and they've seen me take in my own bags and recycle everything including composting anything "compostable" (non meat, non fat) from our household waste. they've been using cloth wipes and cloth diapers (when clean) and we've been hanging out to dry and using as little electricity as possible.

oh yea, little hippies are good. now if only we can make little tie dyed shirts (from natural dyes, of coarse...)

seriously!

Analee said...

oh, so what camera are you thinking about? ken rockwell does pretty good reviews about them when you start narrowing down your choices.

but, not to toot nikon's horn any more than i already have, but the D5000 won yet another award for its innovation and design.

http://www.photographyblog.com/news/diwa_gold_award_for_nikon_d5000/