Monday, May 24, 2010

A new American Soldier

For as long as we've lived in our neighborhood, Bubba has seen boys outside wearing kid sized ACUs. He wanted a pair when we saw them at the PX... he wanted a pair when we saw them at Clothing Sales... he's wanted a pair of ACUs. His own ACUs so he could look like Daddy.

Well, I didn't get him a pair. I don't think I was necessarily against them... just didn't get them for him.

Last night, Bubba suckered... ahem... I mean, convinced his daddy to get him a pair. His own ACUs. And in his words -- "Now I'm a Soldier too."

He even asked me rules.

"Can I put my hands in my pockets?"
"When do I take my hat off?"
"What are all these pockets for?"
"Mama, show me how to salute."

I guess having a Soldier for a daddy and a {former} Soldier for a mama has rubbed off a little on him. Lord help me. I can be married to a Soldier, but I don't know if I could be a Soldier's mama! But there sure are a whole lot worse things that he could aspire to become.

May 2010
*excuse the mess on the mirror... Bones likes to lick his reflection.

May 2010
*is that intensity or what?!?

May 2010
*We'll have to work on keeping those feet together when he salutes :-)

And here are some other pictures of my babies...

May 2010
*he thinks he's SO cool

May 2010
*Telling about her day at school

May 2010
*waiting patiently

4 comments:

Analee said...

oh my gosh, he's about the cutest little soldier i've ever seen.

i hope he changes his mind before he's 18. not that there is anything wrong with being a soldier, but i get what you mean about being the mama of a soldier. i don't think i can handle being the aunt of one. it is hard enough being the sister/inlaw of one. good lord.

Analee said...

oh, and i love the rest of the pictures too. don't you just love that zoom lens? i love close up pictures.

and the licker mirror - well, that is just a standard for anyone with kids. whether it is because they lick it or lick their hands and touch it, mirrors are never clean. not even in my house. i've given up on them.

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

So Cute!!

Doc said...

I saw ACU bed linens at Mal Wart yesterday... Perhaps you'll get some in September :-)