Sunday, July 18, 2010

My funny, funny children

So... we have internet access again, as of yesterday afternoon. I have lots of catch-up posts to do, but couldn't wait to post some of the funny kid-isms from the last week or so.

#1) F's favorite song is "Rain is a Good Thing" by Luke Bryan. But she doesn't quite get the lyrics right...

Real lyrics:
Rain makes corn,
corn makes whiskey;
whiskey makes my baby
feel a little frisky.

F's version
Rain makes corn,
corn makes biscuits
biscuits makes my baby
feel a little brisket.

So... this song will forever be the biscuit song to us.


#2) F also told her daddy today that she remembered when Bones was a baby and we had to stop the car so I could milk him. Pretty sure she remembers me NURSING him... not MILKING him!

#3) Bubba and G were watching something on tv that they probably shouldn't have been watching today. They were watching 10 Most Amazing Pregnancies {I can't find the link...} and one couple was a transgendered couple -- both women -- where the 'man' found out s/he was pregnant. G flipped out. What?!? A man is having a baby? So I tried to explain that she was biologically female but felt herself to be male. Don't think she 'got' it, but it was nothing compared to Bubba's explanation:

She's only a girl on the bottom. See, it's a boy on the top. His hair is short and his voice sounds *like this* {said in his best deep voice}. I almost fell out laughing.


#4) Bones has a new trick. We didn't know he knew this... but he will let you know when he wants you to "COME HERE"! I'm having trouble with video, but hopefully it will work...


3 comments:

Analee said...

these are hilarious, love the "girl on the bottom" part.

the video worked!

Dena said...

I shouldn't have read this at this hour. I'll laugh the rest of the night! I can just hear Faith's song and comment and Josh's deep voice! So funny. I'm ready to wake your dad up and read this to him!

Dena said...

Does Josh have a dog tag?
Cute video of Sam's finger too!