Sunday, July 25, 2010

Back to Thankfuls

Now that we are settling back into our 'normal' routine, my goal is to get back to my nightly thanks. So, here are tonight's!

1- We have only two boxes left in the house. Now, that doesn't mean that everything is in its final location, but things are out and visible so they can get into that final destination soon. Yeah, yeah... it's been two weeks.

2- We had a portion of our household goods be placed into 'overflow' status. The kicker... when they delivered the bulk of our stuff, they had no clue when they would be delivering the overflow. Well, now they do. Tuesday. So we will have all of our stuff, finally.

3- Today was a lazy Sunday. And I got to nap. I love to nap on Sunday afternoon.
4- Today is our anniversary. And we have been together. Out of all of our anniversaries, this is only our third to physically be in the same location!

5- Mom and Dad are coming to see us! YAY for family visits!

Now, just because I'm trying to be realistic here... I have a couple of UGHs to post too. Sorry.

UGH: The dishwasher in the new house is quite a bit smaller than the one in the old house. I can't put my bigger pans in it, so I am hand washing most of my cooking dishes. Ugh...
Double Dishwasher UGH: Because the new dishwasher is small, I am having to wash two loads a day! Holy crickets, batman!
PRO: I *have* a dishwasher to wash the majority of my dirty dishes. AND the dishwasher is not a roll out, hook to the sink, kind of dishwasher.

UGH: The new house doesn't have any kind of curtain hardware. Every window has mini-blinds, but no pre-done curtain hangings. SO... we are having to buy all new curtain rods. We brought the old curtain rods, but there's nothing in the wall to hang them on! Ugh...

Okay... those are my ughs. I can't get photobucket to load my pictures right now, so I can't post big pictures, but here are some smaller ones from Waynesville's Old Settler's Day. I will, hopefully, be posting again tomorrow!
*seems all of my pictures of the kids in the water are from the back. That would be because I wasn't getting in that cold water! So, kid backsides it is!
Bones wouldn't get too far from either me or Rob. Since I had the camera, he stuck right to Rob at the water.
That's a good looking bunch right there, if I do say so myself!

No comments: