Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tonight's Thanks

1- Got the sidewalk shoveled this morning, so Sam would go outside with us (well, without having to be on my hip the whole time)! Tomorrow we may build a fort.



2- Another snow day tomorrow means we have more time to work on Faith's Valentine's Day mailbox for school on Thursday.


3- Barefoot Moscato :-)



4- Domino's for dinner means I didn't have to cook. I love their $5 one topping pizzas!


5- It is 13 degrees outside and I am toasty warm in a 70 degree house. That is definitely something to be thankful for tonight!

3 comments:

Analee said...

the warmth one: yes, considering last year and the no heat!!!

amy and mark went to the yadkin valley a couple of weeks ago and this past weekend they hosted a wine tasting of some of their purchases while there. on my gosh, i wish you were here because you would have loved it. they were all so good, but in particular there were two (or three) that i LOVED. all whites. one even, when eaten with coconut white chocolate, tasted like a pina colada. it was awesome.

Analee said...

oh wait, it occurred to me i had the bottle:

rag apple lassie (the winery) boonville blanc (the wine). it was sweet but not over-the-top sweet like the normal carolina sweets. was definitely a dessert wine, but, it was good to sip on also. REALLY good with the chocolate. (or without it). tasted like scuppernong grapes left on the vine a little too long. THAT good. (i'm pretty sure i was the only one there that had that memory overwhelm my mouth, which is probably why i liked it the most!)

Emily Davis said...

OMG I love that Barefoot Moscato!!! A friend of mine introduced me to Moscato a while back, and I have always drank the Sutter Home version. A few weeks ago I tried the Barefoot, and it is totally different! Very carbonated/sparkly. That is the perfect summer wine. But I still miss my Christmas Wine! (fortunately the scale doesn't miss it!)