Tuesday, September 23, 2008

-isms

So, I've been without computer for a while due to some sort of virus that got into my computer. I still can't upload pictures because it takes so long, but I did want to share some -isms from the last week or so...

Bubbaism -
Bub and I were in the computer room, me trying to load a newer McAfee and him playing with legos. He, apparently, didn't want his sister to come in so he put his body in the doorway to barricade it and keep her out. But while he was doing this, he kept yelling at her "NO, THIS ROOM IS OFF LEMONS"

Another Bubbaism -
Last night before bed, something happened to the rug in his room. It got flipped up on one corner. I told him to hop into bed, but he told me he couldn't until he made up his rug. like making up your bed...

Faithism -
I washed all of the bedsheets yesterday and hadn't put pillow cases back on by the time it was bed time. I was getting there, but the kids all have other pillows so I wasn't in a huge hurry. Faith kept wandering out of her room and when I finally asked what her problem was, she told me that her pillow was naked.

Graceism -
When they get off of the bus, I always ask the girls to tell me two things that happened at school. It is usually what was for lunch and who got in trouble. Last week there was one particular boy who stayed in trouble in G's class. His name?!? "Jonathing"

Another Graceism -
Grace is learning a new song in music at school. She is so proud to be learning the "Natural Anthem" -- pretty sure that would be the National Anthem, but either way she is proud :-)

3 comments:

I'm to sexy for my chert said...

i think "off lemons" is my favorite. i like the naked pillow too.

Analee said...

i think the "natural anthem" is a hoot!!!

Analee said...

you need to first start using mozilla firefox for your internet server (you can download it for free). it helps weed out viruses and spyware. that is what we use(d) at NCDENR and that is what i use at home. so does mom and kate.

you also need to do a full virus scan, a disk cleanup and a disk defragmenter. just let it run. it may take 2 days to get all that done! and don't forget to turn your screensaver off for it... it resets the defrag!

next you need to upload lavasoft's adaware program which does scans on your computer to identify spyware, which then you can delete. it'll take several hours for this to run.

also after you get mozilla, you can get the yahoo toolbar which has a anti spy program that runs pretty quick (like <1 minute).

if you want links to those programs, let me know! they are all free!