Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Girl-ism...


Talking with God...


A couple of nights ago, I went in to tell the girls goodnight and say prayers. Faith started saying hers in a horrible, monster voice. She just laughed and laughed. I told her that I wouldn't want to talk to God that way and told her {again} that praying was her time to talk with God and that she should take it seriously. To which, she said:


F: So, God wouldn't think that is funny?

me: No, I don't think so. I think we are supposed to talk with God as truly and honestly as we can and that there are times to joke, but when we say our nightly prayers we should be serious. I don't think he wants us to joke around like that.


{silence, then...}

G (in a very somber voice from across the room): Do you mean God doesn't like knock-knock jokes?


Apparently, G has been using her prayers as her time to try out new knock-knock jokes. I made sure to say that I think that God has a great sense of humor and would love her jokes, but that there is a time to be serious.

No comments: