Monday, October 18, 2010

Goodwill Find...

We went to an Ugly Sweater and Bad Beer party on Saturday which meant... a trip to Goodwill was in order! We found some hideous sweaters, but I also came across a sewing machine cover. I've been wanting one, so I went over. $15. Okay, that's a few dollars cheaper than you can buy one at Walmart. So, I opened it up, to see the condition of the inside. There was a sewing machine inside! The sewing machine AND the case were $15! And this is a solid machine... not a piece of plastic on it!

I checked out, buying only the ugly sweaters. But that sewing machine was on my mind. I even dreamed about it Saturday night. When I woke on Sunday, I asked Rob if he minded if I got it. I didn't even know if it would run. He laughed, and kind of rolled his eyes a little, but didn't mind.

Look what has a new home {ha}...

sewing machine

sewing machine

sewing machine

sewing machine

Got it home, plugged it in... and it works! Well, the motor runs and the needle goes up and down. I can't figure out how to thread it, so I'm not positive it sews, but I'm researching it. I found a users' manual on the internet, but have issue paying $20 for the manual on a machine I bought for $15! It may just become a cool piece of decor :-)

{the pictures aren't that great... I took them last night, using our dining room light}

3 comments:

galaxyangel said...

lol in the one pic with the buttons does it say "darn" lol if so that is just too funny lol

Dena said...

YOU ARE A NUT!
The button that says darn means that it drops the pressurefeed down so that nothing will pull the cloth through and you can free hand a darn. I learned how to sew on a new home in home ec oh so many years ago!
The home ec teacher eventually gave me the sewing machine but it has been gone along time....wonder if it ended up at a good will in Missouri!? wouldn't that be funny!

Anonymous said...

Re: Manual - Try ebay ?