Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Poop on Reading


Thank you, Mrs B, for the recommendation of Digging to America. I liked it. But I have a story about finishing it...


With about three pages left in the book, I heard Sam poop. This was a good thing, since he had been a little grumpy. I was going to wait a minute before changing him in order to make sure he had finished -- plus, I could finish the book. With a page left, Faith comes in asking what the smell is. I say (as I turn to look at Sam in his exersaucer) "your brother pooped -- AAHHHH" Yep. He had pooped. And it had exploded out of his butt! It shot out of his diaper, down his pants leg and had pooled in the bottom of his exersaucer. He was basically ice skating in it! YUCK!


So, I got him out, hosed him off, gave him a bath, put on a clean diaper and clothes. Finally I got back to the book -- just to turn the page and see there were only two lines on the last page!


Now I have started on the next book... Traveling Light by Katrina Kittle. Anybody heard of it?

6 comments:

Organic Meatbag said...

Oh my... I shouldn't have read this after lunch...

Unknown said...

hahahaha... only you and your kids

Analee said...

haven't heard of it. our BC book this month is the wednesday letters. finally getting around to reading it. good thing it is an easy read... cause i've only got a week left to finish it!

whats an organic meatbag? like an intestine? or skin?

Organic Meatbag said...

An Organic Meatbag is me as a whole...blood, guts, skin, bones and all. I am just a big, walking Organic Meatbag...in fact, we all are...I'm just the only one that likes to refer to myself that way...hehehe...

Analee said...

ah. that makes sense. cool name. rather, clever name.

Mrs. B said...

Never heard of that book, Melissa. You'll have to fill us in.

I'm currently reading "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle" which is good (if you like dogs).

I'm listening to a series about the Saxons (circa 877 AD). Quite good and well written and highly entertaining. I bought the first in the series for Mr. B in book form so he can read it.

Next on our book discussion is "Animal Vegetable Miracle" by B. Kingsolver. I'm not usually into non-fiction but this is supposed to be pretty interesting.

I still have to read the last of the Twilight books....